Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog - MK II statup problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog - MK II statup problem
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:01:24 -0800
Still no luck with the PTT being enabled on startup.

I don't see a configuration problem in Router.  I do not have the CAT port
defined as the PTT port in Router. COM1 is PTT and COM2 is CAT.  This has
been unchanged since I acquired the MK II.

I went into the writelog.ini file and in the [RIGS] section added the
following lines:

COM1_RTS_INIT=0
COM1_DTR_INIT=0

That didn't work.  Then I tried:

COM2_RTS_INIT=0
COM2_DTR_INIT=0

That didn't work either.

According to the help manual this is supposed to cause WL to initialize
these lines off, but when I start WL I still get the error message about the
sound card being in use and then when WL starts the radio goes into TX and
cannot stopped.  If I set the mode on the radio to CW I get the error
message about the sound board, but when I clear it the radio comes up in CW
ok and I can send CW memory messages normally.

So the problem is how WL starts when in SSB, but if the initialize commands
I used above don't work what do I do next?  I can't understand what I need
to do to make this work again for SSB.

73,
Gary AL9A