Re: [WriteLog] RIT Clear on the IC-7000 doesn't seem to work *

To: "Joe Duerbusch" <jduerbusch@sbcglobal.net>, "'Barry Merrill'" <barry@mxg.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RIT Clear on the IC-7000 doesn't seem to work *
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:34:31 -0800
Hi Joe,

I have a similar command listed in my IC-7600 manual on page 154.

Cmd. 1A Sub cmd. 050085 Data 00 Quick RIT/TX clear OFF
Cmd. 1A Sub cmd. 050085 Data 01 Quick RIT/TX clear ON

The problem is the word "Quick".  With Quick RIT/TX clear OFF you must press
and hold the CLEAR button on the radio for 1 sec. to clear the RIT/TX
offset.  With Quick RIT/TX clear ON you need only touch the CLEAR button for
the RIT/TX offset to be cleared immediately.  These commands only turn the
"Quick" set feature on or off.  Neither one of these commands will clear the
RIT/TX offset via a string from a software program.

73,
Gary AL9A