Re: [WriteLog] FSK via WL/MMTTY

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FSK via WL/MMTTY
From: Dick Flanagan <dick@k7vc.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:46:09 -0700
Thanks, Wayne, and to others who responded privately.  I am still
unable to generate FSK via WL/MTTY from my USB-connected RigExpert Plus.

I re-sequenced all COM ports so they were addressed COM8 or below,
but I am still unable to generate FSK.  (Again, MMTTY works fine standalone.)

I have my FSK port (COM6) selected in the Rttyrite Ports menu and I
tried it both with and without selecting Software Generated FSK via TxD.

The instructions for installing the WL/MMTTY plug-in said to ignore
error messages, but I think one may be relevant (DUH!).  When I fire
up the WL RTTY window, there is a small windows in the top left of
the window that says:  "Initializing MMTTY.  Please wait."  Then a
small error window crops up that says
"ERROR:  UserPara.INI*%&^@#$%&^*("  The garbage is real.  It looks
like an un-terminated message string.  I respond "OK" to that window
and MMTTY seems to initialize fine.

I really hate feeling stupid like this, especially if this is a known
limitation of WL.  There is noting like spending over $300 for an
interface that doesn't work with my favorite contest logger!  :(

Is there any other information I can provide to help someone bail me
out?  I'm running Windows XP.

Dick

--
Dick Flanagan K7VC