Re: [WriteLog] setup issue with microHAM

To: "'Alan Maenchen'" <ad6e@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] setup issue with microHAM
From: "Bruce Meier" <bemeier@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:14:54 -0400
Alan,

I have (2) K3s, WriteLog, and audio fed through the sound card and a DX
Doubler.  When SSB only (no DVK) the audio is fine in K3 Vox mode.  However,
when using the DVK and K3 VOX, (sound card DVK / WriteLog / WinXP) the K3s
(both of them) hang in XMIT until I push escape......sometimes!!!   The only
way I have been able to get around it is to use PTT when using the DVK.

All 'on the fly' recording works fine - if in PTT.  If in VOX, I can't
always get the recording to stop fast enough.  Why..... it hangs in XMIT.
So, when I want to record on the fly, I turn off VOX.  By pushing Shift-fn
(what ever key) PTT is asserted by the PC and all is well and escape
immediately stops the recording.

I think this is something K3 related as the exact same configuration worked
with my FT1000-MPs.  NO HANGING !!

73,
Bruce - N1LN