Re: [WriteLog] PC Generates

To: "'W. Wright, W5XD'" <w5xd@writelog.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] PC Generates
From: "Michael Baker" <k7dd@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:14:43 -0700
I don't often weigh in on this forum much but I will toss in my opinion as a
guy who had all the nightmares you can name with computer operated logging
and operation.

I have to agree with Wayne on this one.

The BEST thing I did to my computer operated systems for Ham Radio is get a
WinKeyer USB and a Signalink USB. Life is so much simpler now. No more
shuddering, crashing, locking up in the middle of a transmission or QSO.
NADA. Amazingly, it WORKS just like advertised.
Next to buying Writelog (my first version was 6.3!!) in the first place
those were two very smart products that cured many ills.
In short, save your $$, buy the new toys and your computer headaches with
all of this will be a thing of the past and you should be ready for the next
generations of computer radio operations.

Winkeyer USB, A easy to build Kit, $79 + $6 shipping. Yes, you will need a
USB cable.

Signalink USB (for RTTY and other digital operations without screwing with
your sound card) under a hundred shipped and assembled. Specific cables are
available for most rigs premade for a nominal charge.

Just in hair loss and the cost of Tums alone make the purchase worthwhile!
;>)

JMO, YMMV.

Best 72, 73

Michael Baker  K7DD