[WriteLog] .wav files

To: "writelog users group" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] .wav files
From: "Russell Hill" <rustypers@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 05:38:25 -0000
Help!  When I try to use F1, etc, to send a .wav file, I get the dreaded violin
tone and the message that "An Invalid Argument was Encountered."

I have succeeded in the past in using the .wav files, and indeed this evening I
was using the F keys to send .wav files (not over the air!).  I did select the
Save Configuration menu choice.  Now, all of a sudden, I am getting this
uninformative error message.

When I look at the Windows Sound Recorder, the NA5TR directory is present, and
the .wav files are there and playing-- but just in the Sound Recorder mode, not
from WriteLog.  The com3 port is selected with the radio identified, and the
Wave File Locate function shows the correct directory (NA5TR).  If I click on
one of the .wav messages shown in the directory, the correct .wav file appears
in the window next to the "Open" button, and the Wave File Locate window
closes.  I do have F-Lock engaged.  But then when I press F1, or whatever, I
get the violin and message.

I do have the radio selected for the com port, and I do not have CW enabled for
any of the com ports.  I do have the DVK Type selected for the Windows Sound
Board.

Can anyone point me the right direction so I get a .wav file when I press an F
key instead of hearing the violin?

Rusty