Re: [WriteLog] Bandmap Issue

To: <k0bx@arrl.net>, "K3RWN" <rwnewbould@comcast.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Bandmap Issue
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:10:53 -0900
Joe,

I rarely log while transmitting so I don't see the bogus frequencies in my
log.  My band map seems to go berserk only when tuning with the VFO from
time to time.  Another thing I've noticed that leads me to suspect data
collision problems is when trying to QSY via double clicking in the band map
or typing in a frequency in the Call field.

Many times when I double click on a call in the band map the radio will QSY
to that frequency for a split second then jump back to the original
frequency.  Sometimes I have to double click a call two or three times
before the QSY sticks.  Same problem with typing in a new frequency, which
may be on another band,  in the Call field.  Many times I have to do it two
or three times before it works.  I also have four keyboard shortcuts set up
to QSY up or down the band to the next station or next mult.  Strangely
enough these always work as expected and never exhibit the jump back to the
original frequency.  Of course these only work for frequency changes on the
current band, not for changing bands.

When a QSY works I hear a definite relay click in my PW-1 amp.  When it
doesn't there is no relay click from the PW-1.  I use the CIV jack on the
back of my MKII to the CIV jack on the PW-1 so I'm pretty sure there is a
problem getting the frequency/band change info from WL to the MKII and then
on to the PW-1.  Have no idea where in the chain something is getting
dropped.

73,
Gary AL9A