[WriteLog] USB/Serial Cable CW sending

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] USB/Serial Cable CW sending
From: Michael Almeter <w4mja@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:28:10 -0800 (PST)
Hello Folks,   In July of 2010, I suffered an EMP, and thus lost the serial
port on my station computer as well as CAT control on my FT-1000MP. I've
already repaired my FT-1000MP. While I'm locating the exact replacement
motherboard to repair my station computer, I'm curious if anyone has ever used
a USB to Serial adaptor to maintain and control Writelog's functions as well as
keep the CW sending ability? Currently I use a K1NU "Writelog cable", and am
very pleased with it.

Thanks for the help,
Mike Almeter

W4MJA