Re: [WriteLog] Nevada QSO Party (aka Mustang Roundup)

To: Writelog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Nevada QSO Party (aka Mustang Roundup)
From: John Bastin <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 19:41:55 -0400
On May 15, 2011, at 19:31:21, Dick Flanagan wrote:

> It appears the contest organizers changed the scoring rules and the
> software developers need to catch up.  Hopefully the organizers will
> also re-score all computer logs they receive to ensure they were scored
> correctly.

The Carillo log score submitted is a claimed score, nothing more, nothing less.
I have never seen any contest where the submitted score in a Cabrillo log was
even considered in the final determination.

The contest log checkers, be they robot or human, will score your log. What the
logging program does to it means not a whit. If "the contest organizers...need
to catch up", they will when it suits them. It WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE to
your place in the contest.

<rant> I get SO SICK of reading complaints from contesters about their CLAIMED
score.</rant>

73,

John K8AJS
jbastin@sssnet.com