[WriteLog] RCS-10 ANT SWITCH

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RCS-10 ANT SWITCH
From: Jim Iori <NU4Y@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:11:30 +0000
When using ICOM rigs.... I built a band decoder under $20.00 including
box and led indicators etc.

We use this to switch Dunestar band filters (between radio and amp) and
1/4 wave stubs (after amp). and
antenna selection (if wanted) to our home made 10 pack switch.

This has been in use over 13 years without fault.  Also do not need
computer up and running to use
in the case of paper logging, casual operating etc.

see:
http://members.cruzio.com/~k6xx/radio/icbsciv.pdf

I also added a main rotary switch on the front of cabinet to manually
select a band, auto decode or bypass.

We do not use this on the WARC bands.  (contesters !!!).

This also allows us to use the CIV output with a Y cable to go to
stepperIR and CIV interface to computer.

This would also work with the RCS-10.

Jim  NU4Y / VP5DX