[WriteLog] Bandmap colors are not updated for other spots when a new mul

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bandmap colors are not updated for other spots when a new mult is worked‏
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 08:18:53 +0000

I observed this behavior in WriteLog 10.88 and have seen it in several contests
over the last several months.

If the bandmap on one band contains several entries that represent the same
multiplier then working a station representing this multiplier does not change
the color of the other spots on the band in the same multiplier.  The color of
these other spots in the just-worked mult does not change until each is
refreshed by either being spotted again or by being locally spotted, such as by
clicking on a spot and typing a space character.

In CQWW SSB we were Multi-Single and mostly using the Packet Spots window in a
Mults-only mode to find new mults on the mult station.  Sometimes we'd notice
what appeared to be a new mult in the bandmap and would click on that instead.
A couple of times I called stations that looked like mults in the bandmap but
they were not because we had recently worked that mult.  Either the new station
or the original station worked for that mult had a prefix that I did not
recognize.

This is a bug that was introduced in some recent version of WriteLog as I don't
remember seeing it before.  It would be nice if this could be fixed before CQWW
CW as it makes it difficult for the mult station in a multi-single effort to
distinguish stations that are needed mults from those in countries or zones
that were recently worked for the first time.

-Mike, N7MH