Re: [WriteLog] A.R.I. contest setup

To: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] A.R.I. contest setup
From: Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 23:41:18 -0400
Hi Gary,
I had the same fun setting up for Field Day-home station one year.  But if
memory serves me correctly it was as follows. I will use FD as the example.

Start WL and contest you need ie: Field Day
Configure contest CW using your macros.
Save this fake contest as FDC.wl (your choice of name)
Close

Start WL and contest again you need Field Day
Configure contest TTY macros.
Save this fake contest as FDR.wl (as above your choice)
Close (I really can't remember if required to close?)

Now you start the program you need for the contest Field Day
Choose your working mode CW or RTTY as norm IE: CW (my rig make the decision
for me)
In WL Menu > Set-up import FDC macros from 'FAKE' contest
Save your program using the proper contest name you wish: Field Day 2012

When it comes time to switch modes, go to RTTY
As above WL Menu > set-up import FDR fake macros.
carry on in the contest - UR good to go in the new mode.

I am assuming you interface is easy to flip between modes, that might be my
only concern. Maybe you should double check the scoring too, but I think you
will be ok.

Hey Good Luck in the ARI - Not sure if I will play the game, been a bit
under the weather.

Eric - VE3GSI