Re: [WriteLog] Radio CAT Control

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Radio CAT Control
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:05:54 +0300
I don't know the way the writelog can do what you want and i don't think it is possible at all. One way to do this with every software is to use a serial port splitter. A COM Splitter allows to share dataflow of one serial port between several applications. It creates virtual ports to do this. So writelog communicates with virtual serial port 15, the cat software with virtual port 16 and the com splitter redirects everything to serial port 1, where the computer and the rig are connected. I know there are a lot of programs out there which can do this but i have not tried one as i use a microham device and
this includes a possibility like this.
73 Kostas SV1DPI
<http://download.cnet.com/COM-Splitter/3000-2094_4-10921578.html#ixzz29GK5pC55>