Re: [WriteLog] Miscounting multipliers in WPX?

To: "'Ham Email'" <nw7d.ham@gmail.com>, "Tom Shelton" <gl1800winger@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Miscounting multipliers in WPX?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 13:38:00 -0500
That's what WPX is all about -- Work all Prefixes. It's has nothing to do
with geography, just call sign prefixes. A single op can work over 1000
multipliers in 36 hours. It's basically a "run contest". If you run, plenty
of mults come to you. In SO2R, the second radio helps, but it's more for
boosting the QSO count than looking for mults (the mults come with the QSOs
for free.) In other words, you should be running all the time on the
most-open band. Dedicated S&P serves no purpose. On the second radio you
don't have to think about whether you need a mult or not. Just work the
station if you haven't worked it before on that band. Note that QSOs with
countries other than your own on the low bands (40, 80, 160) count double.
Also note that new prefixes count only once, not once per band.

It's a really fun contest -- try it!

73, Dick WC1M