Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 07:32:34 -0700
Phil GU0SUP wrote:
> Is 2Tone included with this new release of WL?
> If not, where does one obtain a full copy of the program?

Per recent postings, the full 2Tone file set is available at either
> http://rttycontesting.com/downloads/downloads.html or the N1MM Logger
Yahoo Group Files page.

> Also, is it now possible - for example - to use MMTTY as
> usual, and also have a 2Tone window open as a clone?

Yes.  You can choose MMTTY or 2Tone (or any other WriteLog TNC choice on the
Rttyrite TNC menu) for your main Rttyrte decoder.

You can then choose any of these decoders in Rttyrite Clone windows as well.
The use of clones is good for comparing decoders, e.g., MMTTY vs. 2Tone, and
for comparing different configurations of the same decoder, e.g., various
permutations of settings within 2Tone.  Or, the various Profiles in MMTTY.

Note that each additional Rttyrite Clone window takes additional CPU cycles
and it is possible to over-utilize the capability of your PC's CPU,
depending on its overall speed, cores, etc.

With WriteLog 11.10G, up to 10 additional Clone Rttyrite window settings are
retained in writelog.ini using the NumClonesAtStartup line in [Rttyrite]
section.    The same is true for [Rttyrite2], so you could have a main
Rttyrite window for Radio 1 (or main RX on one radio) and a Rttyrite2 window
on Radio 2 (or sub-RX on one radio).  Thus, you could have 22 Rttyrite
windows configured and open on one PC for either SO2R or SO2V and have them
all shut down peacefully when you exit WriteLog and then all come back where
exactly as you had them when you next open WriteLog.  As amazing
(appalling?!) as this sounds I actually verified it in Beta testing ... it
really works!  (Note that NumClonesAtStartup=n must be manually added and
only the first 'n' number of clones you configure will be retained by
WriteLog through a shutdown and startup.)

> I will hold off installing the latest version for now, and
> wait for the page written by Don/Ed, as I am sure this will
> resolve most problem we might encounter!

All the information you need is in the WriteLog Help file on the XMMT.ocx
page.  However, Don's pages being developed on rttycontesting.com will be
more verbose with lots of screen shots of the windows you encounter during
setup and configuration.

Ed W0YK