Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone
From: "WB2COY" <wb2coy@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 21:31:04 -0400
Some more information......

Further experimentation has confirmed to me that XMMT.ocx or 2Tone has nothing
to do with the stuttering or halting FSK output that I am seeing. I started
with a clean writelog.ini (No Rttyrite entries) and chose Sound Card FSK as the
TU type. I selected my FSK COM port in Ports, and Hardware FSK. When
transmitting a Macro, several characters go out, there is a second or so delay,
and then the rest of the macro goes out. It can be easily heard in the radio
monitor function while transmitting into a dummy load. So this tells me that
Joe, W4TV is absolutely right in his assessment that this is a timing issue
unrelated to 2Tone or XMMT.ocx, as this anomaly (to me anyway) also appears
using the native Writelog RTTY capabilities, with neither XMMT, MMTTY or 2Tone
as part of the configuration.

My working configuration using MMTTY and COM port FSK does not have Hardware
FSK checked in Rttyrite Ports. It seems that I have to start with a clean
writelog.ini and configure Rttyrite and MMTTY in some proper order, otherwise
Hardware FSK is checked and greyed out, and MMTTY has COM-TxD(FSK) greyed out
as well. If I do things in the correct order, I can get only my COM port
checked in Rttyrite Ports, and go to MMTTY Options-Setup and COM-TxD(FSK) can
be selected and all is good. This is where I have to be sure to NOT Click on
Rttyrite TU type, otherwise Rttyrite locks up.

We’ll see how this performs under real world conditions during the EA-RTTY
contest this weekend.

Bob WB2COY