Re: [WriteLog] WL Hardware Handshaking?

To: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>, support@writelog.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL Hardware Handshaking?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:19:55 -0500

microHAM interfaces do not provide for application controlled
handshake.  USB Interface II, USB Interface III, Digikeyer
and Digikeyer II provide "fake handshake" (CTS to RTS) or
a pull-up to +12V depending on the transceiver for those that
require RTS be asserted.   microKEYER, microKEYER II, and MK2R+
provide handshake between the controller and transceiver for
those transceivers that support handshake - the interface will
respect "CTS off" and not send data but generally keeps RTS
asserted.

Polling rate is strictly a function of the application - the
microHAM interface forwards the application polls and commands
as they are received.  I don't have access to an Orion to
confirm but placing Writelog on the simulator and checking its
polling rate with Orion selected indicates WriteLog polls the
Orion at 100 ms intervals.  BTW, N1MM Logger shows the same
polling rate.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV