Re: [WriteLog] 2Tone Update Version 13.12a

To: "'Don Hill AA5AU'" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, "'WriteLog'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 2Tone Update Version 13.12a
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 21:45:17 -0000
I am a bit late with this, but wanted to say thank you for pointing out the
new 2Tone version and the tutorial on your web site.

I have been using the Rttyrite decoder that comes with WL for years.  It
always seemed to work well enough. Decided to try 2Tone for ARRL RTTY
Roundup.  It was easy to set up.  I didn't make the extra effort to set up
clone windows so I could directly compare with what I had used before.

One thing I liked about 2Tone was having AFC on all the time.  It gave a
more natural feel when tuning into a signal in that it could start printing
a little earlier.

The quality of decoding for 2Tone was great.  I had several periods where I
was running on 2 bands and don't recall many times when I couldn't print
someone.  I am now a convert.

Thanks again to the RTTY experts for sharing their experience.

Randy, K5ZD