[WriteLog] W1AW/KL7 setup

To: "Microham User Group" <microham@yahoogroups.com>, "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W1AW/KL7 setup
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 22:08:07 -0800
I'm beginning to setup my software to operate as a W1AW/KL7 station next June. I'm going to be running WriteLog as my logging software using the DXpediton module. This will serve me well for CW, RTTY and SSB. However, I would also like to be configured to do PSK from WriteLog should that mode be needing an operator. I have never run PSK from WriteLog before so am looking for some help in getting Router setup for my MK II to be able to run PSK.

I just configured the Mode in the Rttyrite window to be PSK instead of CW. Right now the Port is set to None. When I set my IC-7600 to USB-D1 and try to send WL transmits a DVK audio wave file instead of the macro messages in the CW buffers, which is where I would expect WL to look for PSK macro strings. So what do I need to change configuration wise? Do I need to create a virtual port in router and assign that port in Rttyrite? Do I need to change a setting in one of the DATA MODS in the IC-7600? If so, what should I use, MIC, ACC, MIC/ACC, or USB [B]? I've checked the WriteLog Setup Help file for the MK II, but it makes no mention of the PSK mode. Any ideas most welcome!

73,
Gary AL9A