Re: [WriteLog] Add SendCustomRigCommand to automation interface???

To: "joeduerbusch" <k0bx@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Add SendCustomRigCommand to automation interface???
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:14:01 -0800
Joe,

I found something in the Help file, but need help understanding what it means or how it is supposed to work. From the section Entry Object, the last entry at the bottom of the page says:

long SendCustomRigCommand(string cmd)
If the rig driver for this Entry Window supports custom rig commands, send the string to the rig serial port. Returns:
 0 on success.
 1 if there the Entry is set for Manual frequency entry.
 -2 if the rig driver does not support sending custom commands.

This sounds like something a C++ programmer could access, not us mere mortals!

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: joeduerbusch