Re: [WriteLog] WL SOUND BOARD MIXER CONTROL tool

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL SOUND BOARD MIXER CONTROL tool
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 12:27:25 -0900
Gilles,

What OS are you running? There are two different sound board programs in WL depending upon which OS you are running. In WriteLog/Programs you will find WlogSbControl.exe, which is for XP and earlier systems, and WlogSbControlW6.exe, which is for Vista, Win7 and Win8. The XP sound board control has the mixer controls to adjust the various levels, but the Win7 sound board has no mixer controls to adjust. There are only 4 boxes in which you specify your audio CODECS for Windows to use. You must then use the Windows Sound controls to adjust Recording and Playback input and output levels. This is due to the way the newer Windows programs take control of the sound card and do not allow a user program to set the various levels.

Click on Start/All Programs and go the WriteLog V11 program group and click on it. In the list of WL utility programs right click on the Sound board mixer control and then on Properties to look at the path name and see which sound board control the system is using. If it isn't the correct one change the exe file name in the path. I suspect you are using a newer Windows OS and will not see the mixer controls you are used to having. You must use the Windows controls to set these up.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: G