Re: [WriteLog] CQWW Multi-Single with One Chair

To: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CQWW Multi-Single with One Chair
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:13:05 -0400
Alan

Could you be a bit more explanatory.

I don't really see the logic of entering M/S as a SO2R. Working SO2R gives
you the best of all worlds. As far as I am aware (at least in CQWW) SO2R is
pretty much limitless and has no bandchange rules.

M/S for a single op would have some practical limits but would allow you to
have more than one signal on the air at a time (on the mult band you could
TX at the same time as the run radio). It would also allow for assistance
presumably from the clusters.

Also to my best knowledge there are significant differences between M/S for
ARRL and CQWW contests generally.

Dean - 8P6SH

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net> wrote:

> Sounds like CQ (and ARRL) should adopt the M/S rule that has worked so well
> in CQP for many years now:
> The 10 min rule applies to the person sitting in the chair (ONE chair!) ..
> not the logged band. This allows M/S with an SO2R station. It's a LOT more
> fun.
>
> 73, Alan  AD6E / KH6TU
>

> > Rick..
> > I do this exact thing.... 1 computer, one keyboard, two radios running
> > SO2R on RTTY. (But I run SO2R Single operator). First suggestion, read,
> > read, and read more, then configure and test, configure and test and
> > configure and test.
> >
> > If you don?t take/make  the time to figure it out, and now how it works,
> > you wont be able to fix it when it doesn't work. It?s like anything else,
> > it?s a learning curve.
> >
> > A days of reading and note taking, and searching with Google will get you
> > rally close.
> >
> > In multi op, it?s better to use 2 separate computers because  a second op
> > can work mults on another band. A second op position is a necessity so
> they
> > can just sit and DIG for mults.
> >
> > lots of info here: http://www.cqww.com/rules_faq.htm
> >

> > 73