Re: [WriteLog] P49X Prefill file & Message Info for ARRLRTTYRoundup toda

To: Rich <rwnewbould@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] P49X Prefill file & Message Info for ARRLRTTYRoundup today
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 18:29:34 -0400
Rich

To your point - I used the circulated pre-fill file and a significant
number of the states were not what was sent. In the end I obviously must
enter what was sent. Indeed in those circumstances having the info
pre-filled could possibly lead to errors - but it's up to the operator to
develop proper procedures/habits when using a prefill.

Quite often I simply use the previous year's contests as copied from my
station as a prefill. I think it's great for stations to share their files.
i'd simply never thought to share mine - mainly because I usually
remembered and minutes before the contest am busy generating the file.

Dean - 8P6SH

*Dean St.Hill*

*Barbados.JustAskLocals.com <http://Barbados.JustAskLocals.com>*
*It's A Big World. Travel Smarter <http://barbados.justasklocals.com/>*