Re: [WriteLog] Date Change

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Date Change
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:19:53 -0800
Gary and Jim,

You can change the date with a text editor such as Notepad, but you will have to change both the Cabrillo file and any exported adi file that may have been created. This would be necessary if you intend to upload the adi file to another general logger and/or LOTW. However, changing the dates with Notepad still leaves the wrong dates in the source WL file. The date errors can be fixed directly from within WL and then you can export a new Cabrillo and new adi file with the corrected dates.

To do this from within WL just start up your CQ WW RTTY log. Do a left click on the first record in the log with the wrong date to highlight it. Then, on the right hand side of the log records window, click and drag on the slider box in the vertical bar until you reach the last record in the log. Hold the Shift key and left click on the last record. This highlights all the log records with the wrong date from first to last. Now left click on the DATE field on one of the highlighted records. A little box will open with the hour and minute time numbers, then the year-month-day numbers. There are two rows of up and down pointing arrow boxes below each field. These are used to change any field number up or down. In the last column, the day number, click on the down arrow once to decrement the date number from 28 to 27. Now click on OK and a box will pop open that asks "Apply the same time shift to the other selected QSOs?". Click on Yes and all the dates on all the highlighted records will be changed to the new value.

Once the changes are made save the WL log and then Export your Cabrillo and adi files again with the correct dates.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Preston