Re: [WriteLog] Unable to uninstall version 12

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Unable to uninstall version 12
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:21:23 -0800
> IM trying to uninstall version 12. I go to control panel, select writelog
> version 12, click uninstall and after a few minutes 2 messages pop up at the
> same time with the second message being “cant find version 11.24 or higher”.

Oops. This report is true for all 12.01u upgrade install up until now.
Whenever you install the 12.01u UPGRADE. (calls itself wl1201Umsiupg.exe
when you download it).

That kit is just now replaced at
http://writelog.com/downloads/writelog-versions with one that WILL
uninstall.

The new kit calls itself wl1201U3msiupg.exe. (There is a digit 3 in
there after the U)
It doesn't have the uninstall problem.

Please, if you already have 12.01 you ONLY need to redownload IF you
decide to UNINSTALL the 12.01 upgrade. If you bought the FULL version
and got a download kit that way, it does NOT have the UNINSTALL issue.

Unfortunately, you must download and INSTALL the 12.01U3 kit in order to
be able to uninstall 12.01U.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wayne