[WriteLog] WriteLog V12 QSO Edit Tool Does Not Display - Issue Resolved

To: "WriteLog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog V12 QSO Edit Tool Does Not Display - Issue Resolved
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:23:52 -0600
After installing V12 the Edit QSO Tool would not work. I could not edit a
QSO in the Log window. When I clicked on the pencil Edit QSO Tool icon, or
clicked on Edit QSO Tool in the Windows drop down menu, or double clicked on
a CALL in the Log window the Edit QSO Tool window would not appear.

I got the Edit QSO Tool to work by doing the following:

Save all WriteLog .wl contest files
Save a copy of writelog.ini
Uninstall WriteLog
Delete the WriteLog folders in C:\Program Files (x86)  and C:\ProgramData
Delete writelog.ini from C:\Windows and
C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows
Manually delete W5XD from the registry using regedit
Reinstall WriteLog V11.23 and WriteLog V12.01
Import writelog.ini

Manually edit the registry at your own risk. Doing so was something I was
more than a little reluctant to do. But N5WA gave me good advice when he
told me to do be very careful and do it.

I wonder what I did in the initial install and setup to break the Edit QSO
Tool?

73,
Marsh, KA5M