[WriteLog] Cabrillo Creation for ARRL 10M Contest -- DX Side

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cabrillo Creation for ARRL 10M Contest -- DX Side
From: "Ken Claerbout" <k4zw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 12:16:20 -0500
After a few email exchanges with K7ZO, the problem has been resolved. Initially I was doing this on my laptop. It must have an older version of Writelog as there was no edit .ini app. The computer in the shack does. The ini file was edited with the following:

[MULTIPLIERS]
CallPrefix=ET

The CallPrefix was set for K4ZW.

The per Scott's instructions, which he used to get it to work with his YN call:

*In Contest | Parameter Setup == enter DX (You have to put something in
here, you can't leave it blank, even though it is asking for "State".)
* In Contest | Cabrillo File... Put the call used in the upper left, ET3AA,
make sure "DX" is in the Location in the upper right. Fill out the rest of
the fields as needed and type in the country name in the lower right, though
I don't think this matters.
* Generate the Cabrillo File -- when I do it I get the serial numbers
displayed, right before the callsign worked.

That did the trick! Thanks to those who sent suggestions. I wanted to document this for anyone else who might run into the problem.

73
Ken K4ZW