Re: [WriteLog] 3rd Party Contest Module problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 3rd Party Contest Module problems
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:05:53 +0200
I think you need to use the Legacy Installer. Did you?

73 Kostas SV1DPI

On 17/2/2016 6:49 πμ, Gary AL9A wrote:
I’m having a problem trying to download and install the 3rd party contest modules by DL1EFD
and SM6SRW shown on the WriteLog Third Party website page.  I can both the  WLCM_DL1EFD_080414.exe
and the WLCM_SM6SRW_060110.exe files to download to my new Win 10 computer.  But when I try to run
these executables I get the following error message for both programs, “Writelog must be
installed”.

Obviously there is a problem with the installers for these third party modules and
WriteLog V12.  How do we go about getting updated installers?  There are many EU based
contest modules in these packages and I would hate to lose all of the various contests
included in these offerings.  Since it appears these programs are currently
incompatible with WL V12, would it be feasible to install WL V11 on the same machine
for the purpose of getting these modules to run?  I would hate to think of what could
go wrong here, but I’m grasping for straws at the moment.   Anybody have a
suggestion?

73,
Gary AL9A