Re: [WriteLog] ports

To: "Courtney Judd" <k4wi@k4wi.net>, "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ports
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 13:50:53 -0900
Cort,

If you don't already have it go to the WL web site and download the writelog_V1202H.pdf file. With Adobe Reader you can do a Ctrl+F to Find a string of text. I just did a Find for "commslot" and on page 310 of 414 got the following:

The COMn:= settings in this [PORTS] section are used by the WriteLog Packet
window, the Yaesu Rotator selection, and by the RTTY window. There are separate
COMn: settings in the [RIGS] section used only for rigs.

COM1:=9800,n,8,1,
COM2:=4800,e,7,1,

There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default, CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on the right of the equal
sign. These settings are not used for RTTY or for packet

CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2

In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15 is as
high as is supported.

CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8

Hope this helps

Now could someone please turn the propagation machine for Alaska back on?

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Courtney Judd