[WriteLog] SS ADI prefill not updated for duplicate QSOs

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SS ADI prefill not updated for duplicate QSOs
From: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 12:45:12 -0700
While reviewing recent Sweepstakes LCRs we discovered a duplicate QSO that had
been marked as a busted QSO by ARRL.  The callsign was in the ADI prefill with
a precedence of Q.  The first QSO was logged with a corrected precedence of A.
The dupe QSO was logged with precedence Q, apparently due to my inattention to
what was actually sent and that the prefill continued to use the ADI exchange
information instead of the corrected exchange from the earlier QSO.
In this case it didn't affect our score since the first QSO had been correctly
logged by both stations so the second QSO would have been flagged as a dupe
instead of a busted QSO if it had been error-free.
If the first QSO had not been logged by the other station then we would have
lost a QSO due to the prefill/inattention.  In other contests when stations can
be worked on multiple bands or modes then the ADI prefill is overridden after a
QSO is logged with a differing exchange.  It would be desirable for Writelog to
similarly override the ADI prefill to prevent errors in duplicate QSOs during
SS.
It was a shock to me to see that a duplicate QSO affected our reported error
rate and then to realize that our score could have been reduced for a miscopied
duplicate QSO.
73,-Mike, N7MH