[WriteLog] SS ADI prefill not updated for duplicate QSOs

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] SS ADI prefill not updated for duplicate QSOs
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 07:30:16 -0700
> The callsign was in the ADI prefill with a precedence of Q.  The first
> QSO was logged with a corrected precedence of A.  The dupe QSO was
> logged with precedence Q, [but] the prefill continued to use the ADI
> exchange
> information instead of the corrected exchange from the earlier QSO.
I confirm this is how the WriteLog SS module behaves. I will plan to
"fix" this, but I put "fix" in quotes because, of course, the real fix
is for the operator to log what is received.

The SS module doesn't "fill from a previous QSO in the log" and the
argument for that behavior is that SS only allows one QSO with a given
station. The scenario described here indicates that, especially when
combined with the "prefill from ADI file" feature, it would be better
for the SS module to prefill from a prior QSO. I did a quick survey of
the single-band/single-mode contests (all I found was the ARRL and CQ
160m) that might have this same probelm and found they already do the
prefill. It appears only the ARRL SS should be updated.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Wayne