Re: [WriteLog] WL 12.08 and 11.39 released!

To: steve@n9oh.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL 12.08 and 11.39 released!
From: <k2qmf@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 15:57:30 -0400
Hello All,

I just downloaded the latest version (12.08) of Writelog
and the latest Contest Super Simulator.

I can't get any answers to my CQs???
I send CQ fine but no RX audio from computer speaker!!

With the old version of Writelog and CSS all worked great!

What did I do wrong??

Thanks for any help or suggestions...

73,
Ted  K2QMF

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:07:51 -0500 Steve Woodruff <steve@n9oh.com>
writes:
> Hi Folks,
>

> WriteLog version 12.08 is a free upgrade for anyone who has
> purchased the full version of WriteLog since Aug 2015. This excludes
> the "Newbie" version, which does not include any free upgrades.  If
> you are running an earlier version, go here to purchase a new
> registration code:  http://writelog.com/ordering
>

> New in version 12.08 since 12.07:
> * Add FT-991 and FT-1200 rig selections.
> * Better integration with the Contest Super Simulator
>
> New in version 11.39 since 11.38:
> * Add FT-991 and FT-1200 rig selections.
>
> New in Contest Super Simulator 010705 since 010605:
> * New settings that affect pileup behavior:
> * Weakest station
> * Patient Pileup
> * Off-by-one CALL detection by S&P stations
> * Several bug fixes.
>
> WriteLogRunMode in 2.4 since 2.3:
> * Five seconds of blank CALL counts the same as clearing the Entry
> Window--CQ resumes
>
> Effective January 1, 2017, purchases of WriteLog version 11 will no
> longer entitle the customer to free upgrades to version 12. We may
> continue to publish bug fix releases for version 11 into 2017, but
> only as long as, in our judgement, that work does not interfere with
> our work on the latest WriteLog technology. Should we decide to
> continue to update version 11 next year, we'll make it available for
> purchase and upgrade with no change to the 12 month validity of
> version 11 registration codes, but we will not continue to offer
> version 12 upgrades to version 11 customers at no cost.
>
> The only reason we continue to support version 11 is to allow
> customers to keep their Windows XP machines reasonably up to date
> for contest operations.
>
> 12.08 and 11.39 upgrade installers are available here:
> http://writelog.com/downloads/writelog-versions
>
> 12.08 Demo installer is here:
> http://writelog.com/demo
> Users of the earlier demo versions may freely upgrade to this one by
> the same procedure as they got the demo. Download the installer and
> execute it. The demo installer can upgrade an earlier version of the
> demo.
>
> CSS installer is here:
> http://writelog.com/contest-super-simulator
>
> WriteLogRunMode is here: