Re: [WriteLog] CSS

To: "'John Maglio'" <jgmags@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CSS
From: "Ed Muns" <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:16:39 -0700
Yes, occasionally a CQing station will come on your run frequency and steal
it.  In CSS, you cannot convince the station to leave.  If it slows down
your rate too much, then you need to move and find a clearer frequency.

Stations that call you won't call forever.  That is, they each have a random
timeout when they will leave.  It is possible that the timeout occurs after
they answer your CQ, but before they send their exchange.  However, if they
then answer your next CQ, you may have a typo in their call sign.  I've
never had that happen unless I had their callsign messed up.

Ed W0YK