[WriteLog] FW: CAT Issue with WL and mH MK2R+, reading band/frequency

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FW: CAT Issue with WL and mH MK2R+, reading band/frequency
From: "Sean Warner K0XQ" <sean@k0xq.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 09:08:43 -0000
Hi All,

Running a FT-1000D and a FT-1000MP Mk V using a microHam MK2R+ as my interface,
Win10, latest version of WL. CAT poll on both radios is clearly seen, never
times out, etc. However, reading the bandmap, clicking on spots, frequency
switching...nothing works. I manually switch the band in the qso window, the
band map goes to 14.000 or 7.000 but it does not move to the desired frequency
or recognize clicks on the call sign in the bandmap, all q’s are logged at the
xx.000 frequency when I convert to Cabrillo or ADIF post contest.

In spite of their superbly detailed setup manuals, correctly configuring the
MK2R+ with any contesting or logging software is complicated, and it is easy to
miss something. My guess is that I have missed something….but I’ve triple
checked every setting and I can’t figure out what I have set wrong.

TNX in advance , 73 de XQ.

Sean Warner K0XQ

sean@k0xq.com <mailto:sean@k0xq.com>

ex-KC0BTD, R1/K0XQ, EW/K0XQ