Re: [WriteLog] K3S SO2V

To: support@writelog.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K3S SO2V
From: Ed Muns <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 15:59:07 -0700
WriteLog very much supports SO2V, and quite well with the K3.  With a true
second receiver, two frequencies can be simultaneously received and when the
focus is moved to the second receiver, the radio is put into Split mode, and
any transmission is on the second receiver frequency.  The Up/Down Arrow keys
move between the two receivers, toggling in/out of Split.

This allows one to efficiently interleave QSOs on two frequencies on the same
band, even interleaving the QSO phases.  A common scenario is running on one
receiver and tuning the other receiver for new mults or stations to work.

The acronym SO2V may not be used but the functionality is excellent.
Hopefully, it will be extended to an arbitrary number of receivers such as in
the high-end Flex radios.

Ed W0YK