Re: [WriteLog] Com Port problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Com Port problems
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 18:09:28 -0500
Sorry, this one has me stumped.

If you can't get radio control to work with any program then I would suspect
a hardware problem - either COM port board or radio or cable between them.

Do you have any other devices that use a COM port that you can test with
like a rotator or old KAM or PK232?

Does this radio have a DB9 connector on the back like the TS-870 and other
Kenwood radios? If so, have you tried reseating the connector on each end or
trying a different cable?

Have you tried resetting the radio back to default?

Don AA5AU