[WriteLog] TS-890 dig mode?

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] TS-890 dig mode?
From: Steve Forst via WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 08:17:57 -0400
As a blind guy, I'm not much of a RTTY contester, but did get 75 in the log yesterday.

I've been using Writelog for about 20 years on various Kenwood radios. Last week I installed the latest version and started using the new TS-890 rig driver. Prior to this I had used one of the other Kenwood rig choices for the 890.

I operate in FSK mode. While I have no need for a monitor, I was able to tell by my screen reading software that writelog was showing the correct frequency followed by "dig". Like: 14090 khz dig. Over the years with a different Kenwood rig selected writelog would show something like: 14090 khz FSK.

While I had noticed this change to "dig" I really didn't give it a thought, until I tried to upload to Log Book of the World. It told me that "dig" is an invalid mode.

I compared my adif file to the adif file from the last NAQP RTTY and saw that yesterday's file shows mode for each contact as "dig", while in last winter's contest mode was RTTY.

Nothing has changed at the station other than installing the latest version and change rig driver to TS-890S.

Glitch in the software? Or more likely something I need to change or fix myself?

73, Tnx for the QSO's, Steve KW3A