Re: [WriteLog] Upgrade to Windows 11 -- Band Map Gone!

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Upgrade to Windows 11 -- Band Map Gone!
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 08:34:50 -1000
Bob, K3PH wrote:
BTW, Windows 11 thought we should be able to put the two COM ports that
control the IC-7610 to sleep.? Seems like a bad idea to me.? ?

This is a Winderz bug that has bitten me several times even with Win10. The
solution is to open Device Manager and change every COM port and click on
Port Settings and then Advanced.

De-select "Serial Enumerator" and then select "Disable Modem DCtrl at
Startup".

The other thing I needed to do is to set EVERY USB hub
Power Management
De-select "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

I hope this helps.
FWIW, I also had that blank bandmap problem upgrading to Win11 but a
re-install fixed it.

73, Alan AD6E / KH6TU