[Yaesu] FT1000MP RF Feedback?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP RF Feedback?
From: bdenton@tenet.edu (Bill Morris Denton)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:17:21 -0600 (CST)
Steve I have the Same exact problem with my FT-990.  Have a friend that had
the same problem with a Kenwood TS-450. He wound several turns of coax, like a
choke on a beam antenna, and inserted it between the 450 and the external
tuner OR antenna and it solved his problem.  I have not tried it with mine.  My
situation changes with different antennas.  Some bands there is no
problem at all.  Others I have to turn the external speaker off while I,m
transmitting. It's usually worse on higher bands.
The strange thing is, it doesn't get into the transmitter audio.  I'm
going to try the coil of coax tonight.

Bill, W5SB

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html