[Yaesu] FT-1000D QSK

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D QSK
From: GIWagner@aol.com (GIWagner@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:14:57 -0400 (EDT)
I want to be able to key a linear amplifier's QSK circuit with +9 to +16 VDC
from the FT-1000 during transmit.  Such a voltage, however, is not available
on a pin-out from the rig.

I discussed this with a Yaesu technician, and he told me that there is a +9
VDC available during transmit as an internal circuit known as the "tx line".
 However, he would offer no further details as to exactly where to locate it
or or physically how to route it to a pin-out since doing so would not be
supported by Yaesu and would void the warranty.

I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has successfully managed to
bring a +9 VDC during transmit to a pinout.

73,

George, K5KG

P.S.  Yes, I know that the FT-1000 has a hard relay contact closure available
during transmit, the purpose of which it to key a linear.  However, for QSK
operation, the relay is quite "clacky" and, as a result, I am looking for a
quiet way of accomplishing QSK.