[Yaesu] FT-1000D QSK

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D QSK
From: k2wk@crystal.palace.net (Walt Kornienko)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:36:07 -0400 (EDT)
Hi George,

Better yet, take the 9V and key a Power MOSFET with a 40-50V,
several amp rating and you can key all sorts of stuff.  I use
this method to key a 40V speed up circuit ("hot-shot") for a
vacuum relay, as per Rich Measure's article on homebrew QSK
switching (QST, "The Nearly Perfect Amplifier").

I use the existing TX gnd RCA phono jack on the back. It has
the same function as before but can handle a much heavier load.
Remember to disable the internal relay by setting switch S1002
to off.  If you ever need to use the internal relay just turn
it back on again.  It will simply be in parralell with the
MOSFET and won't damage anything.

                        73 de Walt - K2WK