[Yaesu] 1000MP Menu Settings -Forwarded

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 1000MP Menu Settings -Forwarded
From: dave.sharred@sagem.co.uk (dave.sharred@sagem.co.uk)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:28:13 +0000
Message is sent with MIME. Attachments are base64 encoded
--TFS-with-MIME-and-DIME

with ref to the attached note from K9KJ - I would have preferred to have
sent a personal to Tom, but thought others may like to see my
opinions directly !

Tuned vs flat front end preferences - this to me largely depend on
whether you are a 12/10m user (tuned), or other (flat) - there is
definitely more gain on 12/10 in the tuned position, i tend to use flat
everywhere else=2E I have operated on 40m lete -nite; even there, I have
found situations where the extra gain is needed in the flat setting
(when the band appears to be about to fold, and weak DX)=2E

I wished this was saved as preferred band options - more use to me
than remembering IRT position on a band for example !

TX EDSP - to me, I don't like having TX EDSP dependent on if you have RX
EDSP enabled - this ought to be independently selectable=2E In all the
tests I have done with repected people's opinions, best results are
obtained without using EDSP on TX !!  I use a Heil insert for contesting,
and still have more favourable opinions with this=2E

I will E-mail you separately Tom ref=2E RX EDSP settings (on Monday)

73 de Dave G3NKC
--TFS-with-MIME-and-DIME
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--TFS-with-MIME-and-DIME--