[Yaesu] FIF-232C hookup

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FIF-232C hookup
From: rwing@southwind.net (Randy Wing)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 14:43:23 -0600 (CST)
Has anyone hooked up an FT-840 with the FIF-232C box to their computer?

If you have, did you get a 25 pin female RS232C connection on one end and
a 9 pin male COM port connection on the other end of a cable?

I'm struggling with whether I need to buy a full RS232C serial card for my
computer or whether the COM port connection is adequate.  The
documentation is a little vague here - I guess it assumes a full
connection, I'm just trying to avoid it if I can...  Any help here?

Thanks!

Randy
KB0YHU