[Yaesu] FT-990 CAT Interface?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 CAT Interface?
From: ke6ynr@garlic.com (Tony)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:57:19 -0800
Hi Bill & folks,
  I recently connected to my FT840. As Yaesu wanted ~$129 for the FIF232
interface, I was getting ready to build the interface. Then I found the W1GEE
interface/cable for $50. So here are the details

I used the $50 W1GEE cable/TTL<->RS232 translator. I did have to buy a 25pin to
9 pin adaptor to mate with my com port - $6 at Radio Shack.
Both Log-EQF and SOFT990 work with this connection. And recently, CT contesting
software has added FT840 support (v9.36). It has had FT990 support 'forever'.

So here is where to get it.
http://www.sarrio.com/sarrio/w1gee.html

or you can buy it thru Personal Database Applications at:
http://www.hosenose.com/w1gee.htm#lcu

Soft990 is available from http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/f6dex.
Soft990 is freeware for DOS. Laurent also has "FT Manager" shareware for
windows.

LogEQF logging software can be had from N3EQF at: http://www.itis.net/eqf/
It does logging, beam heading, QSL tracking, rig interface, contest mode, etc.
etc. truly complete, sturdy, and easy to use.

All great stuff!

Have fun & 73,
Tony

Tony Armendariz
ke6ynr@garlic.com
FISTS #3535
"Accuracy transcends speed...Courtesy at all times"