[Yaesu] FT900 problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT900 problem
From: Gene Eighmy" <eighmy@scott.net (Gene Eighmy)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:04:47 -0500
>Before I send my FT900 back to Yaesu, has anyone had an experience with low
>sensitivty on all bands and all modes and a cure if any?

Send it back if it is still under warranty.  Mine started doing this
intermittently after the warranty ran out and it was (is) a pain to fix.
One of the switching diodes used to select BP filtering has a bad solder
joint but every time I try to find the problem, it fixes itself.  It goes
dead once every 6 months but comes back to life after a few bangs to the
side ( a trick my father taught me with his TV )

This may not be the same problem you have but working on an FT900 is tough.

W4EAE