[Yaesu] FT-1000 Tuner Question

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000 Tuner Question
From: robin@g3tkf.demon.co.uk (Robin Thompson)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:55:19 +0000
Just to say that my early FT1000 (S/No OPO40302) does the same as your
friends. It takes another half a second to "tune" after a bandchange
when going to TX ... even into a dummy load ....no idea why!

Did anyone else have any thoughts ?

73

In article <36F41A82.FED9AA79@erols.com>, Dave Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
writes

>Hi Folks,
>

>My friend and I both have FT-1000s.  But they operate differently as it
>relates
>to the auto-tuner.  I can move from band to band, say from 75m to 40m
>with
>the tuner "on" and when I move the bandswitch the wait indicator lites
>for a
>few moments in receive mode (I can hear the tuner resetting). I transmit
>
>and no other indications are apparent, i.e. the wait lamp does not lite.
>
>On my friends rig, under the same scenario when he goes to transmit the
>wait lamp lites for a few moments and the auto-tune unit makes a slight
>adjustment.
>
>Remember we are not moving freq., just switching back and forth between
>to bands. At first we thought it might be a low memory battery but we
>changed
>it and the new battery has made no difference in the operation of the
>auto-tuner in my friends rig. We are both using the same level of
>software,
>level 6.
>
>I wonder if the age of the radios may be what is the difference?  My rig
>is a
>perhaps several years younger than my friends.
>
>Both rigs auto-tume just fine. But my friends has that slight
>hesistation and
>re-tune during the first few moments of transmitting. This will also
>occur even
>if he stays on the same band and just changes frequency. While he turns
>the freq. dial the wait lamp will lite (which is normal operation). He
>stops
>at a freq. the wait lamp goes off. He transmits and the wait lamp will
>again
>lite and the auto-tuner will reset slightly (within moments), then the
>wait lamp
>goes out, etc.
>
>We don't know if something is not working correctly, like the tuner
>isn't setting
>up properly in the first place or if this is just some odler hardware
>programing
>fluke that was fixed in later models.
>
>thoughts are welcome,
>dave
>

>p.s. No we didn't try it into a dummy load but we will just to ensure RF
>isn't
>       getting back into the circuitry and causing false setting.
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
>Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com