[Yaesu] Anyone with FT-100 impressions?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Anyone with FT-100 impressions?
From: wa3gin@erols.com (Dave Jordan)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:56:26 -0400
John,

I have heard several FT-100s on 40m mobile...most of them had RF on the
audio.  I'd wait a year or two before I buy one of those....you can get a
FT-900 for much less and have a first class mobile rig...also the ICOM
705MK3s are going for very nice prices these days.  Not sure where Yaesu is
coming from these days...they seemed to be missing the market a bit with the
FT-100.
Small yes but flexible, not so sure and clearly it is having RFI problems
from the small sample I've heard. But if you like being a test subject -- go
for it, HAHA.

HAVE FUN,
dave
WA3GIN

p.s. I run an FT-900 in my truck.  When I first installed it there was so
much RF floating around in
       the vehicle that I got an RF burn off the speaker ground, yet the
transmit audio was crystal
       clear. Every feature in that FT-900 works great.  With my simple
modification for the RF gain
       control the rig is a dream to operate...