[Yaesu] Re: Where is the Fox_tango list these days?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: Where is the Fox_tango list these days?
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 18 Sep 2001 13:17:53 -0700
Wiley, the FT-101 series has always be a very good transceiver.  But like any
transceiver it has some qurks.
To set the T & R is pretty simple.  But I no longer have my rig and my memory
fails me.
The process was to hook a counter to the external vfo plug, it should read in
the 8 MHZ range.  When you go from T & R, you will see how much the vfo shifts.

To get it to be the same on T & R, there is a (this is the part I forget) pot
on the power supply board that is attached to the final cage.  It is used to
adjust the voltage (like 5 volts).  This pot does not have a knob on it, it is
one that you have to use a tool on, you adjust it, in xmit until the freq on
the counter is the same on receive as xmit.  I don't have a manual, so all from
memory, although I have done this many times on many FT-101's.  Maybe this will
jog someone else mine that can give you more detail.

Just don't try adjusting the LO on each band as this is not the problem of T &
R not on the same freq.

Joe K0BX