[Yaesu] FT-1000 PIN diodes

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000 PIN diodes
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:14:55 -0400
I recently purchased a used FT-1000 and know that it was at Yaesu two years
back and had $250 of "updates" done.  I would like to determine whether the
optional PIN diode update was done.  This might seem a strange question, but
is anyone out there able to describe the appearance of the PIN diodes that
Yaesu installs, or conversely the appearance of the stock diodes (BPF
switching circuitry within shield on RF unit board)?

Tnx/73,
Barry  N1EU