Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D fan noise

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D fan noise
From: Kz2i@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:16:29 EDT
well, i see the attitude hasn't changed on this  reflector since the last
time i signed up.  a guy asks a question for some  help about a noisy fan and
he's told to buy a new rig. reallll  helpful.

that's why i'm still running my ft-102.  it keeps  working and i've been able
to fix any problem that develops without calling  on the 'experts'.  i had
asked for some advice on getting something  new with dsp but not costing more
than my car.  some folks offered advice  but when i questioned service on the
new rigs, i was instructed to just buy a  new one when it broke.  and they
wonder why we can't get anyone young  interested in ham radio.  (gee, mom.  my
radio broke.  that's all  right, little billy.  we can take $2500 out of your
college fund and buy a  new one)

sorry, marcel.  i don't have an answer to  your question.  keep asking your
questions.  maybe someone that owns  the rig can offer some helpful  advice.

73 de Steve, KZ2I
Charlotte,  NC